Problem / question about resize of a thick volume action

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
bucium
First post

Problem / question about resize of a thick volume action

Post by bucium »

Hi all, I am a noob and I got a question / problem about an performed action.

Yesterday on my TS-230 (one drive, one storage pool with two thick volumes - one for the system [named it A] , one for data storage [ name it B] ) I have started a resize - shrink operation for the storage volume. The volume was unassigned due to this and the users could not read/write data on that volume - this is normal, i know.
The problem is that after about 2 hours, another user of the QNAP tried to access the network share, it could not, so, using the Android app requested a reboot of the system - unfortunately !
Now I can access the NAS via web browser, but on the FileStation / Storage and snapshoots I can only see the thick volume for the QNAP OS and the other one is not visible.
On the Windows OS via PC I still can see the folders from the other volume but as expected, I cannot access that ones.
On the Storage and Snapshoots I can see the Storage pool to use:
Sys Reserved 103 GB
Thick Volume 3.3 TB (4 TB hdd) - the OS thick volume got the 150 GB, the other thisck volume on the Overview view is not listed at all.
Free space 0.2 TB

The overview view list only the OS thick volume [ the A named one ] - 150 GB.

The questions:
1. After the reboot the shrink operation is continued or not? - on the notification area I ca see the message about the shrink started but not about a resume/stop/restart of this operation. - The operation was started about 20 hours ago, the shrink was to reduce a 2.9 TB to 2.7 TB and the used space on that volume was about 2.2 TB.
2. If the operation was stopped due to reboot - can I recover my data or somehow resume the stopped opperation? - unfortunately I got no backup of data.
I am using Firmware 5.0.0.1853 if relevant

Note: After reboot I have performed a quick SMART test and got no errors. The NAS is not clear if it works on this or not, probably not, the CPU is usually at about 2-5% after the reboot.
Any hint and indications leading to a recover of the data will be much appriciated.

Thank you very much.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”