[Solved] 3 red LEDs but QTS says OK

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Nounours18200
Starting out

[Solved] 3 red LEDs but QTS says OK

Post by Nounours18200 »

Hi,

I have a TS-851 with 7 disks of 5TB each in a RAID-5 configuration under QTS-5.0.0.1891.

This morning I see that 3 LEDs are red, the LEDs number 2 and 6, and also the LED number 8 where there is NO disk...: see the attached photo.

But when I login in QTS, it says that everything is OK and that the 7 disks are good: see the attached photo.

I have restarted the NAS, and it is the same issue.

For information, I have had a general power failure in my house yesterday and the NAS when out of electricity when the UPS battery went out of power: since then the configuration has been corrected and the NAS should be shut down properly in case there is another electricity failure.
A volume check reports no error.

What is the problem and what can I do ?? should I do a full SMART disks check : I don't believe this would help because the LED number 8 is red whereas there is no disk at all in the socket number 8...

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nounours18200 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nounours18200
Starting out

Re: 3 red LEDs but QTS says OK

Post by Nounours18200 »

The QNAP technical support has found "strange entries at the system level", so asked me to shut down the server, unplug it completely during 5mn before restarting it.
Everything is OK now,
Thank you

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”