Volume is empty after update to FW 5.0

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
acidr4in
New here

Volume is empty after update to FW 5.0

Post by acidr4in »

Well I just wanted to watch something on my plex server the file was not accessible. So I go and check the plex server, the drive is mounted via SMB but there is nothing on it.

Afterwards I check NAS [TVS-672N]. To my surprise the NAS updated to 5.0 without anyone initiating it.
In the notice center it said "Auto update to 5.0.XX started"

A bit shocked I check the file station and there is nothing there. In the storage settings the data is still there but there is nothing showing up.
disk.PNG
cmd.png
storeage.PNG
This only affects my Multimedia volume that had the Multimedia share, all other shares are working as before

If I check the notice board it says a volume was removed during the SSD upgrade.
noticeboard.png

I also noticed it created a Multimedia Share on other Volume
Is it possible that something happened during the upgrade where it removed my share called "Multimedia" on my Multimedia volume to create the default share I on the "Data" volume? I think this is a default one and I removed and recreated it on the other volume when I upgraded my NAS a few years ago.

Is there anyway to recover from this? Can I recreate the correct share?

The data is not lost, I have it backed up in two other places but I'm not sure how I should proceed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Volume is empty after update to FW 5.0

Post by dolbyman »

There was threads about it a while ago, the update to QTS 5 forces the default shares to the default system volume. So if you had a default share on a different volume, it is gone now. You should be able to create a differently named share and point it to the other volume (manual dialog) and bring your files back. Then just change the index locations of Plex to the new share)
acidr4in
New here

Post by acidr4in »

Thank you, that worked.

Should I rename the path on the volume as well? currently it's `./multimedia/' or can I just leave it to this?
props.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

the path needs to be the old/other volume with the files in it

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”