Recovery from logical corruption on thick volume?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Nobo
Getting the hang of things

Recovery from logical corruption on thick volume?

Post by Nobo »

Hi, now I am trying to recover from logical corruption to rescue my data.
Have anyone had this kind of experience? I am trying to follow the instruction here -> viewtopic.php?f=25&t=160414&p=784369&hi ... on#p784369

[What is happened?]
1. My main data is physically damaged, but fortunately I had Backup, which is RAID-1 thick volume (Regard this as A1/A2)
2. I decided to re-build with QTS5.0 from scratch and tried to copy data from A1/A2 to New disk, which is Single Thick volume (Regard this as B)
3. While rsync from A1/A2 to B, I did some operation like moving App from B to Raid-1 Static SSD volume (Regard this as C).
4. Moving App is failed, and while after that, rsync reported errors ("files has vanished"), then I realize that all the logical volumes and share folders are disappeared.
5. A1/A2 RAID had started re-syncing, then there were nothing can be found logically, so I shut down my NAS.

[What I think]
I think my data are still on the storage, Disk health are good. but Ext4 Journal has some issue.

[What I tried / trying to do]
Since data assumed stays on the volume, I would like to un-delete them.
I tried to use data recovery software for thick volume from windows, but it didn't work well, because this software could not recognize the thick volume.

Now what I am thinking is that if the OS recognize QNAP unique thick volume, those un-delete software might recover the files.
Those disks are not encrypted, and no snap-shot has been used yet.

I am glad if anyone can give me an advise, I will report the result.
Thanks,

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”