Communication from QNAP via VPN with the corporate network

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
pawlojar
First post

Communication from QNAP via VPN with the corporate network

Post by pawlojar »

Hello,
New QNAP with QTS version 5.0.
The network in which the device is located has the address 172.30.11.0/24.
VPN client - OpenVPN has been configured. Qnap has connected to the firewall. The VPN works stably. VPN addressing is 192.168.113.0/24.
Behind the firewall there is a company network at the address 192.168.16.0/23.
I added a static route on QNAP, pointing to a VPN connection as the interface with the network addressing behind the firewall. The route is still inactive at all times. I'm new to this, so I don't know if it's a good symptom or a bad one.
The device itself has already been restarted several times after making configuration changes.

From the corporate network, behind a firewall, I can easily communicate with the new Qnap. Both through the browser and from another Qnap. However, I have a problem to force communication from the level of the new Qnap to devices in the company network. You can't even see communication attempts on the firewall - it looks like the new QNAP is not trying to redirect traffic to the VPN interface for the given IP address. Setting the option to make VPN the default gateway did not help (the setting worked, but communication is still missing). I try to communicate using HBS 3 (adding the resource from which I want to extract data).

As for the VPN link itself, this is not a problem. Appropriate permissions and security policies are set on the firewall. By connecting on the same login as Qnap from the laptop, I get an address from the same pool. I have full access to the network.

And now the question: Is it possible for Qnap to independently connect via VPN to devices in the corporate network? If so, what else needs to be done to make it work?

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”