Can't view/read files after re-insert drive 4

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
astro4000
New here

Can't view/read files after re-insert drive 4

Post by astro4000 »

I have a TS-421. I pilled drive 4 out as my drives 1&2 (mirrored), drive 3 was attacked with ransome hack.
Drive 4 was untouched.
Have been running QRescue for past couple months so I pulled Drive 4 out in fear of it getting attacked.
I have since installed a hardware firewall.
Now I wish to use drive 4 (the recovery is still not completed) but cannot see drive 4 on network. I can't re-created drive 4 or find drive 4 on my PC.
Properties show there a files using space which is good. File Station does not access them also, but it appears the files do exist.
How do I access those files, I am at my wits end. :S
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Can't view/read files after re-insert drive 4

Post by dolbyman »

Recover the drives via an external linux pc .do NOT put the drive back into an infected NAS

you issue is that the shares are gone..you can only access files via shares..but as said don't bother with it..recover them externally

btw...no matter if hardware firewall or not..you got infected by port forwards...without those, no infection would have ever happened
astro4000
New here

Post by astro4000 »

I put the drive on a linux box (mint) and it can't mount the drive. It recognizes the drive but cant mount. Right click l mount does not do it either. So I need another method to view those files.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

these old CAT1 units use plain ext (no lvm) .. so if you cannot read these disks in linux or via ext reader in windows, they are busted
astro4000
New here

Post by astro4000 »

Well, I am going to give Hirens Boot disk a run for its money.... maybe... crossing fingers... Smal dam linux maybe...
astro4000
New here

Post by astro4000 »

I gave up on Hirens.... formatted both drive as I do have the recovered files to put back... Now to relearn how to add the 2 drives in shares for the network... been a while
astro4000
New here

Post by astro4000 »

Should I disable those ports in the NAS? Such as 8088, 443, 8081, 80 ?
dolbyman wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:19 pm Recover the drives via an external linux pc .do NOT put the drive back into an infected NAS

you issue is that the shares are gone..you can only access files via shares..but as said don't bother with it..recover them externally

btw...no matter if hardware firewall or not..you got infected by port forwards...without those, no infection would have ever happened
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

not in the nas..in the router
astro4000
New here

Post by astro4000 »

Also, those ports are opened within the firewall device. Before that, it was opened in the router with no firewall hardware.
So wondering if I leave those ports opened as is?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

As said, if you let those ports through your firewall, might aswell not have one at all.

Close the ports on whatever the device is doing your NAT.
astro4000
New here

Post by astro4000 »

I closed all the ports and disabled FTP in NAS, basically everything I could find to close or disable.
I noticed many Exploit Attacks toward the NAS this week from many different IP's.
I will monitor to see what the changes affected do.
Thanks for your advice!

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”