Disk Enclosure QNAP TL-D800S - Reboot-Stuck

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Towerplease
New here

Disk Enclosure QNAP TL-D800S - Reboot-Stuck

Post by Towerplease »

Hi there,

i recently bought a Disk Enclosure QNAP TL-D800S to archive files from my main QNAP-System TVS-882.

Thats how i installed the TL-D800S:

Shut down my TVS882 and installed the QXP-Card, which came with the TL-D800S into the PCIe-X4 Slot. Then i connected the main NAS TVS-882 with the SAS-Cables to the disk enclosure TL-D800S. After that i booted both systems.

After the first boot, everything seemed fine. The main system found the TL-D800S attached and QTS greeted me with a message that there is a Firmwareupdate available for the TL-D800S, so i wanted to install that first. After clicking on install, i got the message, that there needs to be every QXP-Port connected, so i thought it might need at least 1 drive for each QXP-Connection. I inserted 1 old Harddrive in port 1 and 5 and it showed up in the disk-management. Then i ran the Firmwareinstall again and it started updateing. Sadly, it got stuck for over an hour by 41% so i decided to reboot both systems. The Firmwareupdate seemed to succeeded because it showed me the Version 1.1.0, which was the newest Version available.

Great so far...

Now i created a small test-Pool with 2 HDDs in RAID0 and this was no Problem at all, but here comes my problem... When the enclosure TL-D800S is connected and powered on and i reboot the main system it reboots completely then the power-LED starts blinkin green for about 3 hours and turning red afterwards. Rebooting the system with the enclosure connected will repeat that exact same problem. Disconnecting or turning off the enclosure while booting the main system and everything works fine but the admin-password got reset to default (MAC-Adress).

i tried multiple things, but everytime i boot or reboot the main system while the enclosure is connected will give me the blinking green and then only red power-LED with a reset admin-pass and no working main system until i reboot without the enclosure connected.

Does anyone have an idea whats the Problem here and how i can solve or trie to solve it?

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE:

So i contacted the customer support of QNAP and i have gone through the normal stuff like, reinstalling firmware etc... Now, the QNAP-Support was looking via TeamViewer at my NAS and saw the reboot-issue live. Currently there is no solution for my problem and the RND-Team of QNAP gets involved. I hope to get feedback from them the upcoming week. (I suspect there is an issue with the enclosure-ID... While the Firmwareupdate of the enclosure, somehow there is a missmatch of the model-id and the NAS thinks on a reboot it needs to mount with a different enclosure as what is connected.)

UPDATE2:

After a long back and forth with the support. The development-team of QNAP rebuild my setup and confirmed the issue. They will release a new firmware shortly, which will fix the issue. Still dont have a reply, when the new firmware with the fix will be availaible (other than "soon").

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”