No LED's, fan DOES spin, multimeter shows 12v 0.3amps

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
nerdynerd86
First post

No LED's, fan DOES spin, multimeter shows 12v 0.3amps

Post by nerdynerd86 »

Model: TS-431P
PSU: Riden RD6012 benchtop PSU set to 12v and 7.5A as per the input units specification sticker.
Multimeters: Fluke & Uni-t, both with fluke leads.

Symptoms:
No LED's on the front what-so-ever, same goes for the 2x network cards during boot, or if left for a few minutes. I can't recall if pluging in an ethernet cable between a switch & the unit results in LED's on the network ports, I can double check this.
Unit powers on automatically when I connect power to it.
If I recall , the USB ports do not give any voltage output as my test device does not power on automatically as it should. I tested this with this tool - https://www.amazon.ae/Digital-Voltmeter ... B088NRJKL9

Signs of some power:
The fan does spin.
If I insert a disk into any slot, the disk will start to spinup before cutting out (multiple disks tested, which are 100% healthy as per HDSentinal. I'll need to doublecheck if the amperage increases when this happens.

I've looked at a few forums, which usually had atleast one of the front LED's working, but nothing with the symptoms I'm seeing. I have yet to open the device and remove the RAM to see if this changes the "boot" process when connecting power.

I've read about the firmware recovery proceedures, but I'm not sure the device's network ports are working...

Any advice / suggested checks are most welcome as I would like to get this unit working again :)

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”