TR-004 system filecheck

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
mikolajek
Getting the hang of things

TR-004 system filecheck

Post by mikolajek »

Last night I had a power outage at my house. My TS-451+ with TR-004 attached got temporarily saved by my UPC, but I failed to hear the beep, so they eventually lost power :(

I checked the files system on TS-451+ using the GUI commands, but I'm wondering what should I do with TR-004 (currently 2x single disks mounted, no RAID)? There's no command that would trigger external storage file system check.

I've ssh-ed to the system and run e2fsck -fn /dev/sde1 and e2fsck -fn /dev/sdf1 and in both cases it returned hundreds of alerts like this:

Code: Select all

Inode 120132700 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
Inode 120132855 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
Inode 120132989 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
Inode 120133112 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
Inode 120133235 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
Inode 120133358 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
Inode 120160257 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
Inode 120160407 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
Inode 120160546 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
Inode 120193111 has INDEX_FL flag set on filesystem without htree support. (ignorable)
However when I unmounted the drives and attempted to run e2fsck -p /dev/sde1 I keep getting information that file system is clean. Now I'm puzzled, can anyone explain, please?
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: TR-004 system filecheck

Post by FSC830 »

For the filesystem check an unmount is mandatory in NAS. So my guess is that if you got errors when NOT unmounted, it works as designed.
But I do not use a TR-xxx device myself.

Regards
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Also why do YOU have to intervene on power failure? Set your device to shutdown before the power runs out !
nibbles2bits
Getting the hang of things

Post by nibbles2bits »

its clean, good news becomes great. we could do an after action report, though.
like the other folks posted, your UPS should talk to the NAS over USB, and QTS should
be set to shutdown after 1min on battery backup. That allows for power blips but shuts it down asap.

Why ASAP? as you probably know a UPS uses standard lead acid batteries. The first time
you let a lead acid battery drop below 50% charge, you lose capacity dramatically.
Manufacturers don't use deep cycle marine batteries in there. It saves them money.
So we just shut down ASAP, and QTS takes 5min. That total 6min is pretty fast just under
the 15min you might get from average UPS, and definitely under the 20min you should get
with a 1500 VA I'm guessing you have?

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”