Volume unmounted, attempting to mount it in PuTTy says there's no home folder

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Eskea
Starting out

Volume unmounted, attempting to mount it in PuTTy says there's no home folder

Post by Eskea »

My internet recently went down and when it went back up, my NAS needed to do a file check. This has happened before, and previously I'd go into PuTTy, input "sudo -i" and then "/etc/init.d/init_lvm.sh". This time, though, 'sudo -i' didn't work:

Code: Select all

sudo: unable to change directory to /share/homes/admin: No such file or directory
The init attempts, obviously, don't work. Does anyone know what's wrong? What I can do?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Volume unmounted, attempting to mount it in PuTTy says there's no home folder

Post by dolbyman »

File system check after internet failure?..Sounds more like a power failure!

Can you post the exact error message (screenshot) ? Resetting the lvm is not done for a filesystem check
dosborne
Experience counts

Re: Volume unmounted, attempting to mount it in PuTTy says there's no home folder

Post by dosborne »

dolbyman wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:23 am File system check after internet failure?..Sounds more like a power failure!
Indeed. If the NAS needs a FS check everytime your internet drops, time to find the cause. That should not be related in any way.
Eskea wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:12 am What I can do?
You need to find out what is REALLY causing your drives to require a check. Particularly if as you say this is fairly regular.

Model, firmware version and disk configuration information would be a good start.
How old is the NAS? How old are your drives? Are they NAS-rated? Do you run a UPS? Is your unit properly ventilated and fans running properly?

If your filesystem is corrupt, then it makes sense "sudo -i" won't work as it needs to read the home directory.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”