My TS-932X is a brick

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
portedaix
New here

My TS-932X is a brick

Post by portedaix »

Hello,
After a power cut, my TS-932X became a brick. I was out of the office, the power shortage lasted more than two hours, too much for my ups. Now, my nas startups after removing the power supply (cord), I can access it for 30 seconds or so, and then the memory goes up to the roof (94-96%) and there is no access anymore to the nas. No http, no ssh etc. The hdd leds don't blink anymore. I suspect the nas was nastily switched off while rebuilding the raid. I think I have raid 10 (or is it 5 ?...). I have 4 hdd of 1To each and 4 ssd of 250Gb each.

I had the nas switched on for a while, hoping that it was the raid rebuilding which was taking all nas resources, but after 3 days, no hope.

Is there something I can do to recover it ? If there is a "Santa" who has a brilliant idea, I take it. But the older I get, the less I beleive in Santa.

If not, how to reset it ? I saw documentation to reset other models, but not this one. I have backups on another nas for all my crucial files.

Thanks any suggerstion
Olivier
dolbyman
Guru

Re: My TS-932X is a brick

Post by dolbyman »

A reset would be to clean all disks and start from scratch (the OS is on the disks)

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”