Different Password???

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
bokr71
Been there, done that

Different Password???

Post by bokr71 »

I have had a funny thing happen a few times - I'll try to explain...

I use Chrome as my web browser, and I never save passwords in Chrome using my Google account. I use LastPass for my passwords and have long unique passwords for the users on my TVS-872XT. That all works fine, and if I click "Remember Me" on the QTS login page, LastPass fills in the password for my user ID.

However, sometimes, following FW upgrades, there is a shorter password pre-filled into the login screen, and it will allow me to log into QTS... WTH? It is literally a different password and it works with my user ID. It consists of a 5-digit number, as supposed to the complex 8-digit password I have set as the password policy.

I have looked all over my Chrome settings, and I don't think it is Chrome that is doing something funky. It almost seems like QTS has assigned the user ID an alternative 5-digit password for use to automatically sign in after the system prompted reboot. But heck, what do I know?

Anyone?
Apple: MS M1 Max 10c/32c/16c/64GB/2TB - MP 3.2GHz 16c/192GB/2TB/2xRadeon Pro - nMP 3.5GHz 6C/64GB/1TB/D700 - Echo Express 1TB Accelsior/4x500GB NVMe Sonnet/Sonnet Solo10G PCIe - MBP 13" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MBP 14" M1 Pro/16GB/512GB - MB 12" 4c i7/16GB/512GB - MMI 6c i5/8GB/500GB - 2 x TC 3TB - HomePods - iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches...

Primary NAS: QNAP TVS-872XT 7x10TB + 2x512GB NVMe SSD. BackUp: Cloud iDrive - Locally QNAP TR-004 4x12TB

Network: ISP Gtateway - TP-Link Deco - QNAP QSW-M408-4C
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: Different Password???

Post by FSC830 »

Just guessing...
Not using Lastpass here. May be Lastpass does not show the true password in that case? It just shows a "fake" password after a reboot?
Anyhow, then it would be interesting, how LastPass determines that a reboot/update was done. By session-ID? In that case it should behave the same when closing the browser, clear cache and restart browser.
Sounds of course strange. :geek:

Regards

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”