How can I send system logs to elasticsearch via elastic agent?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
salibrother
New here

How can I send system logs to elasticsearch via elastic agent?

Post by salibrother »

Hello, sorry in advance for the bad English.

I want to monitor the system logs of our production QNAP and send them to elasticsearch. Searching for ways to do it we contemplate two alternatives the first one is using the QNAP NAS integration of the elastic agent and the second one is send the logs to an external syslog server and then send the logs to logstash. Did you know a better way of send these logs?

I tried using the first one however I don´t see anywhere how to configure the integration with the QNAP.
Where I should install the agent in the QNAP or in another machine with a syslog server?
There is anyone that already installs this integration and can explain to me how it is configure?

thanks in advance
FSC830
Experience counts

Re: How can I send system logs to elasticsearch via elastic agent?

Post by FSC830 »

Never heard from elasticsearch :' .
By default the NAS can send logs to a syslog server or to a Qcenter server (QNAP monitoring software for (QNAP) NAS devices.
SNMP is also available, but IMHO with rather limited capabilities.

Regards

Edit: Added the word "heard" in first sentence... Without, the menaning becomes different, sorry for that.
Last edited by FSC830 on Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salibrother
New here

Re: How can I send system logs to elasticsearch via elastic agent?

Post by salibrother »

Thanks for your quick answer FSC830,
Then I would follow your advice and I will use an extern syslog server using that feature of the NAS instead of using the elastic agent.

Regards

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”