[QuTS Hero] Fix wrong Shared-Folder after detach\attach of Pool.

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
marsar
Starting out

[QuTS Hero] Fix wrong Shared-Folder after detach\attach of Pool.

Post by marsar »

Hi everybody,

I have a pretty bad issue re-attaching a previously safely detached pool.

The pool contains a single folder named Backups, but upon re-attaching the pool, instead of re-adding a shared folder called Backups, Backups(1) was created. How this happened is totally unclear to me, no other folder on any of the pools is or was named the same way, and the only thing I did was safely detach and re-attach the pool.

The real issue however, is that I cannot access any of the data through Backups(1), as it's reported to be size 0 and I cannot edit any of its properties.
So I went and looked at the "/share" directory using SSH, this is the related entry:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 admin administrators 18 2021-12-28 20:00 Backups(1) -> ZFS21_DATA/Backups(1)
Not only did it create a symlink with a different name, it also points to a directory that doesn't exist.
Luckily enough, if I cd into /share/ZFS21_DATA/Backups I can access the data.
However, there seems no reasonable way to fix this issue using the Web-GUI, and there's almost no related documentation, the only one I found is for non-ZFS QNAPs.

I already tried to detach/reattach the pool again, I also tried restarting the NAS, both had no effect.

I'm pretty sure this should be fixable with the CLI, but how, has anybody encountered this issue?

[Specs]
Model: TVS-h1288X
Firmware: h4.5.4.1813
McEla
First post

Re: [QuTS Hero] Fix wrong Shared-Folder after detach\attach of Pool.

Post by McEla »

Did you found resultion?

I still have same issue after Detach Expansion and re-attached it half year ago. One shared folder was renamed with (1) at the end and other Backup-folder is still missing from File Station. I think I have to start from scratch and never going to use detach\attach anymore. I got some ajax-error when I was re-attaching expansion.
Kunzite
Know my way around

Re: [QuTS Hero] Fix wrong Shared-Folder after detach\attach of Pool.

Post by Kunzite »

Please report this to QNAP.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”