Cannot access NAS after creating Raid 1

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
markdbruce
Starting out

Cannot access NAS after creating Raid 1

Post by markdbruce »

Hi,
after searching for a solution, i came upon this thread.
I have a TVS-672XT.
I have two 12tb drives in RAID 1 for my Plex server, also have two 1tb SSD's which are where i install all of the apps and other files.
The NAS has been running just fine up until a couple of days ago, it is up to date with firmware.
I noticed the LED display was saying it was shutting down, i don't remember doing this but it was stuck like this for a day.
I was unable to login via the web browser and QNAP Finder Pro was unable to locate it on the network, i had bookmarked the NAS when working but it is greyed out and unresponsive.
I had disabled the SSH option due to wanting to make the NAS as secure as possible, the NAS is on a private network at home.
I pressed and held the power button to shut down the NAS and left it 30 seonds before powering it up again, then the status like was red.
The display said there was an error and again unable to login.
I found online that if i powered down the NAS and pulled out the drives, i would be able to then login when powered up again.
Sure enough i was and on the dashboard it there was a disk error in RAID 1, so i opened Storage & Snapshots, selected the RAID and then manage, selected recover
The drive then turned from red to green and the background task manager at the top of the screen showed a job running, as did Storage & Snapshots, the drive was now synchronizing.
The background task manager showed it would take 26 hours which is fine by me if that's what it is, i had the web browser open and just left it a while.
Suddenly the logging out window popped up and i was being logged out, it just stayed on this window for a long time, tried to refresh the tab and then suddenly it went to a white screen and said the following: "Service unavailable"
"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."
It has been like this all night and the LED display has been illuminated since also displaying the name of the NAS and is otherwise unresponsive.
The fan is spinning and every now and then i hear the drives spin.
Could anyone kindly tell me what i should/could do to get back in to the dashboard or what the problem is please?
Kind regards.
OneCD
Guru

Re: Cannot access NAS after creating Raid 1

Post by OneCD »

* topic split from viewtopic.php?f=25&t=148761 *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”