How to format a disk to use it

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
sebapupillo
Starting out

Re: How to format a disk to use it

Post by sebapupillo »

hovering on the disk icon it appears a tooltip as captured in the screenshot below. It says "To use the slot, delete the pool" but I don't know if I ever created a pool...
nas-4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

not sure .. as said .. best to contact QNAP ..

you also sadly fell for the EFAX drives, you should replace them asap (contact WD and demand a WD Plus swap due to false advertisement)
sebapupillo
Starting out

Post by sebapupillo »

dolbyman wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:38 pm not sure .. as said .. best to contact QNAP ..

you also sadly fell for the EFAX drives, you should replace them asap (contact WD and demand a WD Plus swap due to false advertisement)
I opened a ticket, as suggested, they made me update the firmware like 3 times, now there's the latest 5.0.1 one, then asked to open a remote session. The tech solved the issue very quickly but without going into details, just told me they fixed the raid config files. Maybe it wasn't something I could fix or figure out out myself, I don't know.

Regarding the efax drives, well, I don't know if here in Italy, and after 3 years from the scandal, it makes sense to contact them.

thanks anyway!

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”