Audible indicators

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
rodneyf
New here

Audible indicators

Post by rodneyf »

I have just replaced a TS-210 with a TS-233 enclosure. Having got used to switching the TS-210 off by holding the power button until there was a beep and then releasing it I'm somewhat confused by the new models audible indicators. The handbook says that I am required to press and hold the on/off button for 1.5 seconds to switch it off. However I have tried that even though there appears to be a risk of holding the button for 3 seconds and finding it resetting itself. So far I have not managed to switch it off successfully by holding the button for as long as I dare. Am I completely misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?
diwiwi
Easy as a breeze

Re: Audible indicators

Post by diwiwi »

rodneyf wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:39 pm However I have tried that even though there appears to be a risk of holding the button for 3 seconds and finding it resetting itself.
The Power button is not the Reset button.
Holding the power button for 3 seconds will not reset the NAS.
However if you press it for 5 seconds (according to the manual), it will make a "forced shutdown" , which is not recommended.

I think you could try for 2~3 seconds
Or contact QNAP to confirm the behavior.

-
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Or just use the GUI to switch off the NAS
rodneyf
New here

Post by rodneyf »

Thanks to both. Yes, I should have remembered that a reset is something entirely different. I have also found that the NAS can be switched off by using Qfinder Pro so there are other options.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”