TS 212 Only RAID after clean instalation

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
scavenger176
New here

TS 212 Only RAID after clean instalation

Post by scavenger176 »

Hi, I changed HDDs in my TS2012 (both of them) one 500gb another 750gb, they were clean, the NAS made the instalation and it didnt ask me what type do I want to use (single volumes, raid..) and it automaticaly uses raid, which I dont want. I want single volumes. Through Volume Creation Wizzard it didn work, the program dont see any HDDs. I try factory reset, same problem. It is synchronazing now the raid (10 percent per hour), should I wait for sysc to complete or it is different way how to do it? thank you all for replies. Mike
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS 212 Only RAID after clean instalation

Post by dolbyman »

start with one drive..and introduce the other after the setup
scavenger176
New here

Post by scavenger176 »

Ok I done as you said, both drives are fine, smart is good and drives are ready. But the disc that i connected after I install NAS with one connected drive, is still not working. The first drive is set up as single disc and another one is automaticly set up as mirroring drive which constantly reporting error, I dont know what to do. I tried formating drive but it is still mirroring drive, which I dont want. I want two single drives NO RAID 1. Please if you have any help, I will be glad for that. Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

did you format the drive in an external device ? (PC etc ?)

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”