"Disk I/O Status: Abnormal"

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
pepprom
Getting the hang of things

Re: "Disk I/O Status: Abnormal"

Post by pepprom »

OneCD wrote: Maybe you need a different UPS?
When I arrive in Myanmar , I purchase Prolink UPS and I discover later the possibility to do the shutdown. Luckily those had USB port and also , despite not in the list of compatible UPS , they are doing their job and the NAS recognize them and able to start the procedure. Before moving, at other place, I had the UPS only on the NAS and 10 min were enough. Now I had to plug more devices and I believe that is the main issue. Purchasing UPS in Myanmar is not cheap and are devices that you cannot carry with you , so I need to resell when I leave. Basically , I will find a solution how to protect other devices and let again the UPS only on the NAS.
OneCD wrote: My APC has a setting that will only allow the protected outputs back on if there is a minimum specified protection time available via the batteries. From memory, mine is set to 15 minutes. That way, the NAS has time to complete its power up, then power off again before the batteries go flat.
The APC are very expansive , and here maybe cost double. I check them too. But thanks for the tip.
Model: TS-453A
FW: 4.4.2.1270

HDD: 4 x 4TB WD-RED, EXT4, RAID5
RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB)
CPU: Intel Celeron CPU N3160 @1.60GHz
pepprom

Post by pepprom »

Really tired of the issue. Today the QNAP start a sync, just completed and now again one disk give ABNORMAL. I do not get, if twice I did the scan and twice end up to not having problem, how come that again give this information? I start really to believe is a software issue more then a real HD problem. Started the scan again, and it take at least 7 hours.

.... UPDATE : after almost half day (we had a power cut and I have to run it again) , the system is back to normal again

schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

schumaku wrote:Get in touch with the QNAP Customer Service. Your TS-451A does require a BIOS update which will address the unexpected issues on HDD #3 and #4.
Update/Edit: A BIOS update is not required anymore. Next QTS 4.3.x build will include the fix for this issue. Check the release notes once available FMI. If it does not cure the issue, please contact tech support for further analysis.
pepprom

Post by pepprom »

I open a ticket and this guy :
Fan Chen
QNAP Systems, Inc.

He is shown little understanding of the problem and quite useless in recommendations.
I wait sometime 10-12 hours that someone show at help support

pepprom

Post by pepprom »

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I restore to factory setting, format all the HDD and scan them. The NAS is working normally.
I believe the power cut did something to the software or create something that software recognize as Abnormal status.

NAS working.

schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

The OP issue should be resolved by using QTS 4.3.3.0229 on the TS-451A.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”