Nas reboots instead of shuting down.

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
izri.
New here

Nas reboots instead of shuting down.

Post by izri. »

Hello everyone,

Since a couple of weeks i have the ts-451+.
And when i want to shut the nas down, it reboots instead of shutting down.
Sometimes the shutdown works ok, but often it just reboots when want to turn it off.
Anyone has/had this issue?
Could it be a hardware- or a software issue?
I do have the latest firmware on it qts 4.3.3.0262.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Re: Nas reboots instead of shuting down.

Post by Toxic17 »

izri. wrote:Could it be a hardware- or a software issue?
certainly could. have you tried reinstalling the firmware again via the manual method?

what applications are running? have you tried disabling them all, then force a shutdown and see if it works? if it does then start ruling out applications by enabling one at a time and shutting down the NAS.

what have you tried yourself?
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
izri.
New here

Post by izri. »

Toxic17 wrote:
izri. wrote:Could it be a hardware- or a software issue?
certainly could. have you tried reinstalling the firmware again via the manual method?

what applications are running? have you tried disabling them all, then force a shutdown and see if it works? if it does then start ruling out applications by enabling one at a time and shutting down the NAS.

what have you tried yourself?

Thanks for your reply.
I forgot to say that the problem only happens when i try to shut it down from other devices other than my Windows 7 pc.
It happens when i try to shut down from my smart tv, tablet. But the problem never occurs when i shut down from my Windows 7 computer.
When re-installing the firmware, does that mean all the files on the hard drives will be wiped out?
I am sorry, but i am new to nas.
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

I would raise a ticket with QNAP and be more specific about what app is being used to shut down the NAS.

Are you shutting down the nas all the time? my main nas just runs 24/7, and the two others just go into hibernation when not in use.
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
izri.
New here

Post by izri. »

Toxic17 wrote:I would raise a ticket with QNAP and be more specific about what app is being used to shut down the NAS.

Are you shutting down the nas all the time? my main nas just runs 24/7, and the two others just go into hibernation when not in use.
I am just using the web browser to shut down the nas. Not an app.
I am not shutting the nas down all the time. But only when i am away, because no one else is using it.

I want to thank you a lot for taking your time to help me.
I really appreciate it.
I am indeed going to contact QNAP as you suggested and see what they can come up with.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”