Restore TS-453

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Max Imum
Starting out

Restore TS-453

Post by Max Imum »

After a vacation, my system did not boot so was forced to do a restore to factory defaults.
In order to gain access to all my data again, i need to map all shared folders, i figured it would be smart if i could gain access to snapshots that were taken daily before my system shutdown.

The snapshot manager does not show any snapshots, but i notice that under: Control Panel -> Storage and Snapshots -> Snapshots the system says that 64GB is used for snapshots. Is there any way i can access these snapshots (e.g. SSL) so i can restore my system using these snapshots ? Or is there another smart way to restore my system as my users and apps are no longer there

Specs:
Model:TS-453 Pro
Current firmware version:4.3.4.0644

Update: I noticed that the settings are automatically backupped at /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.@backup_config, so i was able to download a backup file. Would it work to copy the content of this backup file into: etc/.config ? And if so, what is the most secure way to do this ?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Restore TS-453

Post by dolbyman »

upload the backup file in the restore config section of the gui

also shares can be restored in the shares section of the gui

check the manual for details
Max Imum
Starting out

Post by Max Imum »

I tried, but the config file from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.@backup_config can not be uploaded in the restore config section of the gui, ends with an error.
I figure it needs to be copied manually to etc/config, but not sure about this
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

well you can always try to move/copy the file...you already have a default config..can't get much "worse" than that
Max Imum
Starting out

Post by Max Imum »

Will try. Not too familiar with tar files, but will search for a tar command that extracts the content (including path) and overwrites the existing files.

Found the answer here: viewtopic.php?t=98557

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”