Qnap NVME Disk Access History I/O - issue

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
file-moon
New here

Qnap NVME Disk Access History I/O - issue

Post by file-moon »

Hi,

I have Samsung NVME connected to Qnap extension card - after power cut disk status for NVME Samsung disk has ben changed to Disk Access History (I/O) - Error.

because of status - I'm unable to access data/wipe disk .....

I know we have two options to remove disk status:

1. take disk out from Qnap reformat on other computer insert again (not possible in my case)
2. run badblock scanner (Qnap asked that found I/O history error do you want to clean the error up if result is normal) - I'm selecting yes, scanning is finished after time no scan error is present and disk status is still in Error. I was able to call ssh command for scan disk and also no error. Disk is 100% ok - however Qnap is stubborn.

As far as I understand there must be config file with Disk Access History (I/O) flag, can anyone help me to find the file so I will be able to change status manually?

(ticket with qnap is logged but they not very fast with answering)

Regards Chris
lfphvs
New here

Re: Qnap NVME Disk Access History I/O - issue

Post by lfphvs »

file-moon wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:57 pm Hi,

I have Samsung NVME connected to Qnap extension card - after power cut disk status for NVME Samsung disk has ben changed to Disk Access History (I/O) - Error.

1. take disk out from Qnap reformat on other computer insert again (not possible in my case)
2. run badblock scanner (Qnap asked that found I/O history error do you want to clean the error up if result is normal) - I'm selecting yes, scanning is finished after time no scan error is present and disk status is still in Error. I was able to call ssh command for scan disk and also no error. Disk is 100% ok - however Qnap is stubborn.

As far as I understand there must be config file with Disk Access History (I/O) flag, can anyone help me to find the file so I will be able to change status manually?

Regards Chris
Hi Chris,

Have same problem with my SSD and already due same tests you put where, but without success.

Have you any update from QNAP Support?

BR
Luis
jbecker85
New here

Re: Qnap NVME Disk Access History I/O - issue

Post by jbecker85 »

lfphvs wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:51 am
file-moon wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:57 pm Hi,

Regards Chris
Hi Chris,

Have same problem with my SSD and already due same tests you put where, but without success.

Have you any update from QNAP Support?

BR
Luis
I have exactly the same problem, clean drive but it does not reset the error status.
Has any of you solved this yet?

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”