how to find write speed of the QNAP disks

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Anju Singh
New here

how to find write speed of the QNAP disks

Post by Anju Singh »

Hi I am new to this forum.Thanks for adding me.

How can I find the disk write speed on the QNAP ?
I ran a performance test and the results display sequential read and IOPS read count, but I would like to know the current write speed of my 8TB disks attached to the QNAP.

Thanks,
Anju
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: how to find write speed of the QNAP disks

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

go storage manager click on the hdd tab then u can go performance tab and run a test there.

or.... you can use the diagnostic tool.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
Anju Singh
New here

Post by Anju Singh »

The model is TS-873U-RP
I went to Storage & snapshots >> Under storage tab >> disks/VJBOD >> Ran perfomance test .

Thanks,
Anju
Anju Singh
New here

Post by Anju Singh »

The results are displayed in sequential read and IOPS read results
dedeij
New here

Post by dedeij »

The performance test, if i'm understanding correctly shows sequential reads, and random reads, but does not show write speeds(especially for the file system) before someone tells me to "use the diagnostic tool" that tool is no longer available in the App Center, and before someone says it's "integrated into the helpdesk app" it is, but only for "HDD standby test" and "HDD Stress test" no file systerm analyzer, etic. Anyone know how to determine the write speed in the more recent versions of QNAP OS?
NCHANT
Getting the hang of things

Post by NCHANT »

dedeij wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:55 am The performance test, if i'm understanding correctly shows sequential reads, and random reads, but does not show write speeds(especially for the file system) before someone tells me to "use the diagnostic tool" that tool is no longer available in the App Center, and before someone says it's "integrated into the helpdesk app" it is, but only for "HDD standby test" and "HDD Stress test" no file systerm analyzer, etic. Anyone know how to determine the write speed in the more recent versions of QNAP OS?
I'm in the same boat, can't find SSD/HDD write speed anywhere in the QNAP system :/ my only way is to use Blackmagic Disc Speed Test on my mac.
NCHANT
Getting the hang of things

Post by NCHANT »

I did however find this, under the SSD profiling tool, run a test. This will show the read/write speeds. Which has given me a red flag as my SSDs are only writing 110MBs when they should be 430MBs :/

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”