Recovering other single disk volumes

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
John Winter
First post

Recovering other single disk volumes

Post by John Winter »

Hi folks

I've googled the heck out of this but can't find an explanation

I've got a QNAP TS-439 in which I had a four Single Disk Volumes (I have other QNAPs with RAID5 for high value data). I've just had to replace the primary drive which had the main share on it. I thought, as they were all single volumes this wouldn't be an issue, but now I can't get to the shares on the remaining three EXT4 formatted drives.

How can I reload the shares on the other Single Disk Volumes which have all disappeared?

Guidance would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
MrVideo
Experience counts

Re: Recovering other single disk volumes

Post by MrVideo »

The primary disk contained the configuration for the whole NAS. As a result, it no longer knows about the other drives and what they contain. Open a QNAP helpdesk support ticket. Hopefully they can mount the other drive's volumes and rebuild your NAS. Using single drives is always a gamble, even for data you consider less risky as you now have to spend lots of time trying to "fix" things.
QTS MANUALS
Submit QNAP Support Ticket - QNAP Tutorials, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki - Product Support Status - Moogle's QNAP FAQ help V2
Asking a question, include the following
(Thanks to Toxic17)
QNAP md_checker nasreport (release 20210309)
===============================
Model: TS-869L -- RAM: 3G -- FW: QTS 4.1.4 Build 20150522 (used for data storage)
WD60EFRX-68L0BN1(x1)/68MYMN1(x7) Red HDDs -- RAID6: 8x6TB -- Cold spare: 1x6TB
Entware
Model: TS-451A -- RAM: 2G -- FW: QTS 4.5.2 Build 20210202 (used as a video server)
WL3000GSA6472(x3) White label NAS HDDs -- RAID5: 3x3TB
Entware -- MyKodi 17.3 (default is Kodi 16)
My 2017 Total Solar Eclipse Photos | My 2019 N. Ireland Game of Thrones tour

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”