TS231+ RAID 1 ... not boot anymore, i lost everything?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
marm74
Starting out

Re: TS231+ RAID 1 ... not boot anymore, i lost everything?

Post by marm74 »

OK... i will wait. :S
since i copied the disk image (NAS.IMG) is there a way to mount it and read it on another system? i tried with mac / win / linux but all of them seems to not recognizes fs (linux says it's LVM2_member).
The NAS basically contains only media files and I would be interested in recovering only my photos ...
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

marm74
Starting out

Post by marm74 »

Thanks, i will follow the procedure this evening.
marm74
Starting out

Post by marm74 »

Meanwhile that i waiting the qnap ticket...
I tested one HDD with a smart hd checker... it seems all ok no problem detected a part for CRC on DMA.
Used some trial software for data recovery, it seems that all is there, at least the photos.
Followed the procedure suggested to mount the HDD on Linux... i use a VM linux and connected one HDD with a USB/SATA adapter, i got problem on mdadm --assemble (point 5), this is a screen shot
Schermata 2021-05-13 alle 23.52.05.png
If i would be able to mount the HDD on PC i would be able to save my data e then restore the NAS with new disks.
Someone can help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marm74
Starting out

Post by marm74 »

I just want bother you with my last efforts in restoring my NAS or at least my data.
Reading the forum i now understand that since the QNAP has a particulary LVM segments it can't be read directly by PC at least if you don't are able to recompile the core with the same QNAP changes in LVM structure (and yes, it seems that QNAP has released the source fot this).
To avoid the above problem i tryed to connect by ssh directly to the NAS with the HDD inserted after the boot... it seems that this could bypass the above problem due to the fact that the CPU of the NAS has already the correct linux version... i tried to follow the procedure onf the forum but it seems not directly applicable...maybe i must study a little more to understand what i can do.
Qnap Ticket... nothing.... i will open another today ad this will be the last... bad assistance.
Finally, it seems that ReclaiMe software is able to read all the HDD structure with all the files... the only drawback is the cost 200$!... maybe too much, if someone has some suggestion i will pay gladly up to 100$ to have my HDD/Data back.
Thant's all maybe this could be of any help for someone in future.
marm74
Starting out

Post by marm74 »

Finally, also with the help of the QNAP customer care,i was able to recover my data.
QNAP customer care was very helpfull and i will thank them a lot.
Very good customer care!
QNAP is the NAS company to go, without doubt!

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”