Can't shutdown

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
ColorNetworking
Starting out

Can't shutdown

Post by ColorNetworking »

I was copying files to the QNAP when it hit the threshold on that partition I had set to 80%. It wouldn't reconnect through TB3 or ethernet. I connected via my browser, everything was very slow. It took a painful 5 minutes to set the threshold to 90%, still everything was slow. I am now trying to shut it down, but it's been trying for 15 minutes, saying that it has to shut down 18 processes, this is like the Helpdesk, Container Station, etc.. There was a recent firmware update I was asked to do. But right now it's hanging on trying to shutdown, saying "This may take a while. Please wait." Why would it take so long, and how long is a while? Is this normal, once you hit a partition threshold everything starts choking? There are still TBs of storage, and even on that partition there is over 2TB still.

TVS-872XT
ColorNetworking
Starting out

Re: Can't shutdown

Post by ColorNetworking »

Dug into the forums some more. Apparently this is an issue experienced by many. I had to hold the shutdown button for 20 seconds before it did. Ran file check. Seemed fine, but this morning it started disconnecting after a long data copy. Going to reboot it and update the firmware. If it does the same thing later I'll contact support and update this posting for future reference.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Hope it's not the beginning of the x72X sudden death syndrome
fritz_ht
New here

Post by fritz_ht »

ColorNetworking wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:50 pm Dug into the forums some more. Apparently this is an issue experienced by many.
I had this issue too on my TS-251a (see my post "Problem with TS-251a"), in my case the problem seem to be the second HDD with bad sectors, replaced, the NAS now appear to be running correctly.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”