Can't access QNAP

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
NETSENSE
New here

Can't access QNAP

Post by NETSENSE »

Hi all
Recently had to shut down my TS-231/NASFF983F (power reconfiguration).
On restart, I can no longer find it on the Windows SMB network, and it doesn't respond on HTTP (port 80 or 8080). Qfinder Pro can see it, but neither the login or the configuration options work.. I tried a NAS reset: nothing changed, except I had a flashing red power light for quite a while: it's settled to green now.
The router is assigning an IP addresses, and the DHCP lease is current (when I tested the second network interface, it set up a new IP address), and I can ping it. I ran a port scan, and it shows HTTP is open - but it's not responding - and no other ports are open.
Is the NAS dead, or just playing possum? Can anyone suggest a solution?
Thanks in advance.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Can't access QNAP

Post by dolbyman »

ssh should work by default...see if you can connect
NETSENSE
New here

Post by NETSENSE »

Thanks for the response, dolbyman.
I couldn't access ssh yesterday, can today.
apache and samba are running, but not responding. proftp is running, and responding - if only I knew the username and password. cpu doesn't seem heavily loaded (hungriest process <2%). I can find the RAID1 array, and the USB drives.
Now all I need to do is figure out why the two processes I'm most likely to need (apache and samba) aren't responding.
Suggestions on how to do this would be welcomed!
itteam
Know my way around

Post by itteam »

I find when it defaults to a DHCP IP address, it also defaults to default admin login.

If you can reach it by SSH at new IP, but otherwise all services appear to be down, today I have issued the command: reboot
df -h was not showing /share/*_DATA/
ls -l /share did not show any of the shared folder symlinks nor the active *_DATA directory (in my case MD0_DATA)
reboot brought all back online for me.

(This was after a hard shut down, the web server was running - albeit at an unexpected IP showing no login option with the "hard drive missing" message - using the Restart button there normally would have worked for me in the past to bring it all back online at its proper IP; it didn't this time. )
[ TS-873U-RP @HQ ][ TS-220 + TS-221 +TS-419 U II @Satellite branches ] [ TS-212P + HS453-DX @Home ]

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”