TS-453 PRO not booting

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
XutiBei
Starting out

TS-453 PRO not booting

Post by XutiBei »

Hi forum,

I've a QNAP TS-453 PRO with 4 disks WD Red of 4TB and 16GB or RAM. Suddenly, the system was restarted and now it keeps in Booting screen. No beep or any other message. No HDMI signal. The disks led are one green and the other 3 red. I've power it off, unplugged all disks and power it on again. Nothing changed, same disks led even if they are unplugged.

Do you know if there is any way to power it on?

Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Re: TS-453 PRO not booting

Post by dolbyman »

tried a forum search?

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=135089
marcuskeeler
New here

Re: TS-453 PRO not booting

Post by marcuskeeler »

Mine did this and I got the same "check forum" replies. Specifically look for the "100ohm resistor fix" on the forum, or google.
I won't go into the details, let other existing posts do that for you, but I did the fix and was lucky enough for it to fix my problem. It isn't ALWAYS a win but certainly worth a try.

Going forward, the repair isn't mooted as being a fix which will go on forever (although there's no data to suggest it won't) but if it works you'll be up again and able to make decisions about whether you trust the machine enough to continue using it.

Personally mine came back to full operation with no performance loss although I remained Leary about it's long term health prognosis. I moved it into a secondary position on my network, as an active Mirror drive for another QNAP.
I remember my Dad telling me to not do this or that and thinking I knew better. Now I spend time saying the same stuff to my own kid and seeing the same look.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”