Rebuild Storage Pool vs Recover RAID

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
orgetorix
Starting out

Rebuild Storage Pool vs Recover RAID

Post by orgetorix »

Hello, I need some help on the above topic. I have a TVS-h1688X with 10 x 16TB disks in RAID 6. Recently I got a notice that disk 7 has errors and I should replace. I hot-swapped the disk and immediately the storage pool started to rebuild. It completed seemingly without errors after about 2 days and now I get the message RAID Group 1 is degraded. If I go to Storage and Snapshots and clock on the error it asks me to recover the RAID group. Is this what I need to do? How is this different than rebuilding the storage pool? I have an open QNAP support ticket on this so I didn't' want to start a process that could potentially take days again before they had a chance to take a look. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Rebuild Storage Pool vs Recover RAID

Post by dolbyman »

Unless another drive developed issues, a RAID degradation should not have happened

Is there anything in the logs ?
orgetorix
Starting out

Re: Rebuild Storage Pool vs Recover RAID

Post by orgetorix »

I downloaded the logs from HelpDesk and I'm not entirely sure how to read them but I searched for "rebuild" and this is the snippet from last night.

https://pastebin.com/bm5RJbau

I removed a few lines that were not relevant (e.g. me moving some files around). All disks currently show as good too.

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”