disk expansion procedure error

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
paolosnz
New here

disk expansion procedure error

Post by paolosnz »

Hi I have a hs 453dx with 2 volumes, volume 1 pair of ssd raid 1 with the apps installed, volume 2 raid 1 with data.
I performed the volume 2 disk expansion procedure following the procedure but .. I did not wait for the system double beep and I changed the disk 1 .. I realized it when the nas said a message but I was far away and I didn't understand.
The web interface no longer worked even though the disks were running, I shut down, put the original disk back and rebooted. The boot seems to be fine, the web interface does not respond and the nas is not reachable on the network. The led of disk 1 is steady red, the led of disk 2 flashes green.
I left it all night to see if it was rebuilding the volume but still nothing this morning ..
Possible that the ** made on volume 2 (with data only) has blocked the entire system?
Is there a procedure that I can solve?
Thanks...
dolbyman
Guru

Re: disk expansion procedure error

Post by dolbyman »

You were "far away" and you didnt understand the message ..what does that mean?

Can you reach the NAS via SSH?
paolosnz
New here

Post by paolosnz »

I was physically far from the nas .. When he delivered the message I did not understand, but I realized I made a ** .. I don't really see the nas on my network, I tried to connect it with the second LAN port (getting another IP) and I see the contents of the disks browsing the network but I cannot access the system ..
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

so the network shares work but the webgui does not ?

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”