QNAP External RAID Manager for Mac cause conflict

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
rhap4boy
Starting out

QNAP External RAID Manager for Mac cause conflict

Post by rhap4boy »

How do I uninstall QNAP External RAID Manager for Mac? If I install QNAP External RAID Manager for Mac, while it will communiate with TR-002, my SANLink2 Series - SANLink2 10G Base-T which uses Thunderbolt 2 stops working. This is running on Mac Pro (Late 2013) on mac OS X Big Sur 11.6.1.

This only happened after I install QNAP External RAID Manager for Mac and this is the 2nd time it happened. The only way to work around this is to reinstall the OS which is a pain and not install QNAP External RAID Manager

Deleting QNAP External RAID Manager for Mac does not help.

If I boot to external drive that does not have QNAP External RAID Manager for Mac installed, then my SANLink2 will work.

I also tried reinstall driver for SANLink2 with same issue.

How do I uninstall QNAP External RAID Manager for Mac completely?
P3R
Guru

Re: QNAP External RAID Manager for Mac cause conflict

Post by P3R »

You're unlikely to get a answer from the user community so please also ask Qnap support.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
rhap4boy
Starting out

Post by rhap4boy »

I did. Still waiting for answer. I thought I try it here.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

Of course you should. I just think that there are very few users of this software here so I wanted to make sure that you opened a case as well. Good luck!
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”