TS-251+ Want to create storage pool, but no hard disks show up

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
Bilbo766
New here

TS-251+ Want to create storage pool, but no hard disks show up

Post by Bilbo766 »

TS-251+
Firmware: 5.0.0.1986
Harddrives (2x): WD Red 8TB 5400rpm (WD9-EFAX)

I was hit with the Deadbolt Malware and have decided to just wipe everything and start fresh. I have an external backup that I intend to restore from. I Restored Factory Defaults and Formatted All Volumes via the Backup/Restore function from Control Panel. I am now doing a clean setup and noticed that I had never setup Snapshots at all. Snapshots require a Storage Pool to be setup and that's where I hit a snag.

There is another post on here with a similar problem, but in his case his disks were setup as VJBOD which is not the case with me. That person did a full restore and that fixed the problem. Post here:
viewtopic.php?t=124327

I tried to create a new Storage Pool via the Wizard, but none of my disks show up as available. Screenshot:
Screenshot 2022-05-15 121902.jpg
Here are screenshots of my Volume:
Screenshot 2022-05-15 121835.jpg
A curiosity is that QTS is showing my volume as a "Legacy Volume". I'm not sure what that means and if that is why I can't create a Storage Pool
Screenshot 2022-05-15 123616.jpg

Somewhat network newbie. Any pointers would be appreciated. If any more info needed, please ask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TS-251+
Firmware 4.2.3
Bilbo766
New here

Re: TS-251+ Want to create storage pool, but no hard disks show up

Post by Bilbo766 »

Of course you spend hours on something and the moment you ask for help you figure it out.

Here it is the solution for posterity:
I had to remove the existing Volume first before a new Storage Pool could be created. Right click on Legacy Volume > Remove Volume
TS-251+
Firmware 4.2.3

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”