Insufficient storage, but where to find what takes up the space?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
tbaum
New here

Insufficient storage, but where to find what takes up the space?

Post by tbaum »

Hi
I have an ts 251b, and its been working flawle... almost flawless during these years. But now i get the message "A system failure occurred. The device has insufficient system storage, check system disc partition". I understand that I'm not the first one to have this issue, but i honestly dont understand the other threads good enough for it to help me.

I have 8gb ram, 2 discs with 8 tb on each runinng in a RAID 1 config.

I have been able to check the storage, and my folders take up about 2.5 tb, but under storage and snapshots it shows that the disc is full.

What taking up all this space? How do I find it? I would be most grateful for any help..

Also sorry that the attached pictures are in swedish..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tbaum
New here

Re: Insufficient storage, but where to find what takes up the space?

Post by tbaum »

Thank you. Hadn't seen it.

So the solution is probably patience..
FSC830
Experience counts

Post by FSC830 »

No, referring to the link disable the SSD profiling app and message should disappear.

Regards
jimc1152
Starting out

Post by jimc1152 »

FSC830 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:01 pm No, referring to the link disable the SSD profiling app and message should disappear.

Regards
Disabling it didn't work for me...since it was already disabled...but the update worked.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

tbaum wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:02 pm I have been able to check the storage, and my folders take up about 2.5 tb, but under storage and snapshots it shows that the disc is full.
No it doesn't. It shows that your storage pool (Lagringspool) is full because you created a maximum size thick volume (Tjock volym) in it using up all of the pool storage. It look like the thick volume is only filled to around 40% with data so you still have plenty of space left in the virtual "disc" that is your volume.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”