Symform is trying to let you pay way more than advertised

marshalleq
Easy as a breeze

Re: Symform is trying to let you pay way more than advertise

Post by marshalleq »

Hey Symform, for future announcements, can you please ensure there is a date on the page. I am trying to figure our if this was before or after I last tried it on my NAS.

Also, if you haven't already, adding the ability to sync to an external disk from the QNAP would be welcomed. I can't afford to give up 300GB of NAS space, but I can afford to give up 1TB of external single drive quite easily.

I have had several goes at your service and really want to like it. I am trying it again now and will see.

It seems a little faster on my mac, but that may be connection speed related.

The first two times I tried using it, I was concerned and confused about most of the issues in this thread. Let's see if it's third time lucky.

I do commend you for all the updates in this thread that at least shows us that you're working on resolving issues before taking over the cloud backup world by storm! ;)
TS669-L (3GB RAM) fw 4.3.2.0050 Build 20170104 with 6x4TB Seagate ST4000VN000-1H41SC43 2x2TB Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 2x8TB ST8000VN0022-2EL112
QNAP UX-500P External 5 Bay USB3 Expansion Cabinet
Raspberry Pi 1,2 & 3
Mac Mini
Apple TV 3/4
Windows
Sabayon Linux
Ubuntu Linux
Android
Docker
Ryzen 1800x custom system

Web
https://www.tech-knowhow.com

Twitter
@Marshalleq
@TechKn0wH0w
marshalleq
Easy as a breeze

Post by marshalleq »

I should have mentioned, the announcement I'm referring to is linked below. At least I can't find a date...

http://www.symform.com/blog/new-release ... en-source/
TS669-L (3GB RAM) fw 4.3.2.0050 Build 20170104 with 6x4TB Seagate ST4000VN000-1H41SC43 2x2TB Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 2x8TB ST8000VN0022-2EL112
QNAP UX-500P External 5 Bay USB3 Expansion Cabinet
Raspberry Pi 1,2 & 3
Mac Mini
Apple TV 3/4
Windows
Sabayon Linux
Ubuntu Linux
Android
Docker
Ryzen 1800x custom system

Web
https://www.tech-knowhow.com

Twitter
@Marshalleq
@TechKn0wH0w
Symform
Starting out

Post by Symform »

Hello marshalleq,

Thank you for the postings. I have reviewed the link you provided, and you are correct about not finding any dates. I will speak with our website admin about improving that.

In regards to the age of the blog posting, it appears to have been in early 2012, based on the devices it is referring to. We were not available on Synology, Netgear, and Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS), until the second half of 2012.

The ability to use an attached drive should be possible on the QNAP, as long as when you browse, you choose the USB folder, and then your drive should appear.

I am glad you are giving Symform another try, and I hope it goes well.

Thank you,
Symform Support Team

Symform, inc.
Noodleboy
Starting out

Re: Symform is trying to let you pay way more than advertised

Post by Noodleboy »

Well well, bye symform

Effective as of today, Quantum is announcing that the Symform service will be discontinued on July 31, 2016.
Quantum has provided an easy-to-use local-and-cloud storage solution to many customers; however, Quantum’s strategic business focus requires that we discontinue the Symform service. In an effort to provide a smooth transition for Symform customers, we have created a guide to help answer questions that you may have, including protecting your Symform data.
If you are a paid subscription customer, please watch for another communication in the next few weeks on information about your refund options.
For additional information, check out the FAQs at the Symform Community site.
Sincerely,
Your Symform Service Team

QNAP: Maybe you should pull the app !

Return to “Symform”