Symform is not uploading

Magnus8513
Getting the hang of things

Symform is not uploading

Post by Magnus8513 »

Hello,

I just tried to set up symform on my ts119p+, but it does not seem to work. When I log on to symform an go to check on my share folders it says: "No committed or pending items were found under test." (test beeing the name of the shared folder)

The specified TCP port is forwarded to my nas and the port-forward-test within the symform gui is successful.

I suppose this is due to some acces right problem, but I can not figure out how to solve it. Everyone has read an write rights to this folder. Any suggestions?
---
2 x TS-110, WD RE3 WD1002FBYS 1TB // Seagate 7200.11 ST3500320AS 0.5 TB f/w: SD25
2x TS-119P+, WD RE4 WD1003FBYX 1TB
2x TS-119P II, WD RE4 WD1003FBYX 1TB // Seagate 7200.14 ST2000DM001 2 TB f/w: CC4H
f/w: 3.6.1; SABNZB+ 0.6.14; Twonkey 6.0.38; rsnap 3.1.2;
Symform
Starting out

Re: Symform is not uploading

Post by Symform »

Hello Magnus8513,

I understand that you are having an issue with getting Symform to run on the QNAP. When you first choose the local folders to sync to the cloud, you may need to wait some time before seeing reported activity on the Cloud Dashboard.

You can check that you are allowing the QNAP to get out to the Internet on ports 80, 443, and 5000-65535.

If you are still having an issue, please raise a case with support by sending an email to: support@symform.com

Thank you,
Symform Support Team

Symform, inc.
stephenrea
New here

Post by stephenrea »

That is a crazy amount of ports. What can I do on my QNAP to isolate ports to allow my NAS to contribute storage to the cloud? I dont seem to see any options anywhere to limit those ports.

~Steve
[.rev] Stephen Charles Rea | Principal Technical Architect
AT&T Hosting & Application Services | Enterprise Application Management
Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate | MCITP: Enterprise Server Administrator
MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator | MCSE: Security
MCTS: Enterprise Project Management | MCTS SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence | MCITP: Database Administrator
Symform
Starting out

Post by Symform »

Hi Steve,
The posting you are referring to from February is related to sync and outbound port restrictions. Since Symform is a peer to peer storage network where users can designate any random port above 5000, we do need all ports above 5000 open and available for outbound. In terms of inbound for contribution only, just choose any random port above 5000. This port value can be chosen during the Contribution folder section of the Symform setup.
Symform Support Team

Symform, inc.

Return to “Symform”