Editing File Permissions via Terminal

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
wyattd
Starting out

Editing File Permissions via Terminal

Post by wyattd »

Anyone able to give me any pointers on how to directly access a folder on the NAS to edit its attributes. The Folder is possibly designated as a system folder when it was originated, in my case it was created by QNAP's HBS3 utility. The folder has no permission access via NAS Control Panel so if a fix is possible I would need to use Terminal to edit file attributes.

As my knowledge on how to do this is limited I need a few ideas or least reading material so I can fully understand what Im am tackling here.

All ideas, assistance appreciated.

I attach an image of the the problem, I see others have had a similar problem and no assistance seems forthcoming from QNAP themselves, very odd (is this a known failures of their own utilities and firmware).

Cheers
David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QNAP 4bay TVS-473e
40GB Memory. Memory slots 4 (16 GB / 4 GB / 16 GB / 4 GB)
Raid 10 Configured 4x4TB WD Red (8TB total - Approx 50% Free)
Add in cards
QNAP QXG-10G2TB Dual-port (10GBASE-T) 10GbE network expansion card, AQC113C, PCle Gen3 x4
QNAP QM2-4P-384 Quad M.2 2280 PCle SSD expansion card, PCle Gen3 x8, low-profile bracket pre-loaded, low-profile flat and full-height are bundled - Fully Loaded 4X 2TB WD Blue SSD
Firmware version: 5.0.0.1891
Raid 10 Configured 4x4TB WD Red (8TB total - Approx 50% Free)

Home Network to Macs (macos Monterey
Version 12.1) via ethernet Cat 6a and QNAP 10Gbe Switch

Return to “Mac OS”