Interesting Issue With Saving PDF's To QNAP 870

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
Wildcat_1
Know my way around

Interesting Issue With Saving PDF's To QNAP 870

Post by Wildcat_1 »

All

Just recently saw this and trying to ascertain whether this is related to the QNAP or macOS. Specifically the issue I am seeing is when writing (attempting to) a new PDF directly back to the QNAP I see it lock up system resources. When I then force quit the Preview app (in this example) and look on the QNAP (TS-870 PRO) I see that instead of the file being writing I see a folder has been written (with the file name and a number of extraneous characters at the end) and that inside the folder is the actual file. When I say lock up resource it not only locks up the app but then when I go into finder and try to access the QNAP in question, even that locks up while this writing process is going on.

I'm running the latest QNAP beta (4.3.3.0095 build 20170216) on this 870 for reference.

Just wondering if others have seen this issue at all ?

If not posted in the correct forum, would appreciate help in getting it to a more applicable one.

Thanks
Wildcat_1
Know my way around

Re: Interesting Issue With Saving PDF's To QNAP 870

Post by Wildcat_1 »

In relation to this, can I roll back to stock latest FW instead of beta at this point for testing ? Just wondered if that was possible and/or if there would be adverse effects ?
schumaku
Guru

Re: Interesting Issue With Saving PDF's To QNAP 870

Post by schumaku »

Avoiding multiple posts on the same would be great ... viewtopic.php?f=73&t=130819

Return to “Mac OS”