MacOS Sierra QSync sharing

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
woldan
New here

MacOS Sierra QSync sharing

Post by woldan »

Hi, I have installed latest version of QSync for MacOS and syncing works fine, but I cannot share files from my computer. On my windows computer, I have Qsync sharing in context menu in my synced folders, but on my MacOS computer I dont.
Could you please help me, how (if it is even possible) to enable/show sharing functionalities in context menu?

Thank you,
Petr
schumaku
Guru

Re: MacOS Sierra QSync sharing

Post by schumaku »

Hi Petr,

Use the mac OS Finder context menu named "Services" ... select "Qsync Client" ... et voila ... Qsync offers the creation of a Share link or a Delete this file/folder but keep copy on the NAS.

-Kurt.
woldan
New here

Post by woldan »

Hi Kurt, I have enabled Qsync client in services in System preferences and even I have Services item in my context menu, but there are no Qsync sub items. Look on attachments. Is it possible to activate Qsync submenu in different way?

Thank you,
Petr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Afraid, I'm not enough Mac-affine - installing Qsync on the Mac does bring these options automatically, certainly as long as we work in Finder and within the Qsync folder context. No special settings required:
Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 09.54.13.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woldan
New here

Post by woldan »

What version of Mac OS do you have? I have Sierra and I cant see Qsync client item in context menu.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

woldan wrote:What version of Mac OS do you have? I have Sierra and I cant see Qsync client item in context menu.
macOS Sierra 10.12.6

For folders outside of Qsync, the Qsync Service option does offer Copy to Qsync or Move to Qsync by selecting a folder in the Qsync environment.

Return to “Mac OS”