Right app for the Job - Syncing Proxy FCPX Libraries

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
Declan Casey
Starting out

Right app for the Job - Syncing Proxy FCPX Libraries

Post by Declan Casey »

Hi there all.

I'm in the process of getting our new NAS FCPX workflow going. At the moment, and for the next few months, it looks like our 2 editors will both be working from home on their laptops.

We store our FCPX 'Live Work' Libraries in a 'Live Work' folder, with referenced Original Media in a separate folder ( so, not in the Live Work Folder) and all other files needed remaining in the library (proxies, motion templates etc) etc.

I would like to find the best way to 2-way sync the small 'Live Work' folder to the two editors offsite. That is, initial sync locally here, then incrementally syncing as work is done. (so, additional proxy footage could be synced to them after a shoot overnight etc).

The idea is to have the sync folder on an external thunderbolt drive that remains connected to the mac most of the time. The 872XT would sync the folders with the data and the work that is done by the editor's int he FCPX libraries is synced back to the 872XT

What I'd like to ask is what is the best app to achieve this? I've read different takes, some say QSync, others ChromoSync and still other HBS3. I'm new to the QNAP ecosystem so would appreciate any and all guidance on this!

Thanks
FCPX Based corporate video production.
QNAP TVS-872XT-i5-16G
iMac 5K Mid 2014 (TB2)
MBP 2018 i7 (TB3)
Declan Casey
Starting out

Re: Right app for the Job - Syncing Proxy FCPX Libraries

Post by Declan Casey »

Any takers on this? Is there somewhere more suitable for this topic perhaps?

Thanks

D
FCPX Based corporate video production.
QNAP TVS-872XT-i5-16G
iMac 5K Mid 2014 (TB2)
MBP 2018 i7 (TB3)
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Right app for the Job - Syncing Proxy FCPX Libraries

Post by dolbyman »

if bob zelin doesn't take it

maybe the final cut forums ?