Mac Files locked after upload to QNAP TS-453D

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
frejio4043
New here

Mac Files locked after upload to QNAP TS-453D

Post by frejio4043 »

Hello everybody,

sadly I couldn't find any solution to this topic until now, which solved it. I'm currently new to QNAP and don't have a lot of experience with Mac.

After uploading office files to the QNAP server (shared folder on the volume), the files are immediately locked and just available for reading, even after restarting the server. No other user has access to this folder.

On my QNAP TS-453D the following firmware is installed: Current firmware version:4.5.3.1652
The connection of the Mac is via smb protocol, because with the afp-protocol I get an error, even though I approved it in the control center.
Mac version: 10.14

I've already tried it with the same user and the same connection details in Windows 10 and there no problem occurs.

Does somebody has an idea, what could be the solution of this problem?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Best regards
frejio4043
New here

Re: Mac Files locked after upload to QNAP TS-453D

Post by frejio4043 »

Update: I just tried to access the office files on my Windows 10 PC and there I can even open the files, which are "locked by another user", when I try to open them by Mac. I tried this access with the same user. Could this problem be, because of the smb connection, I mean, that Mac has a problem accessing office files on a server via the smb connection protocol?

Return to “Mac OS”