Printing from MACBOOK

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
ash32
New here

Printing from MACBOOK

Post by ash32 »

I have a TS-101 with a canon printer connected. I have sucessfully connected to XP and Vista PCs to this printer but so far I have been unable to print from my wife's MACBOOK.
The MACBOOK doesn't see the printer. If I add the printer via IP Printing, when I try to print the printer just pauses? Any ideas?

Thanks Ash...
ash32
New here

Re: Printing from MACBOOK

Post by ash32 »

In case anyone needs to know, I've managed to sort this out.

First, on the TS-101 add a new user (user printer password printer). Give this user full access to the Qusb area.
Then open SAfari, enter localhost:631 into the address bar.

This will take you into the CUPS printer manager.

From here add a new printer.
From the first drop down, select Windows Via Samba. Enter the address below for the printer when prompted for it.
smb://user:password@server/sharename

Where user:password was my new "printer" user, server is my NAS IP address and sharename was the printers name.

Follow the next screens through to set up the printer. Thats it. Hopefully it helps someone
rory
Know my way around

Post by rory »

wow nice solution. Where did you research this? Seem like the linux forum might have use for this info if it doesn't already exist there.

Rory
iMac 27" i7 / OS X 10.6.5
TS-259 Pro / RAID 1 / 2 x 1T WD Black / 3.2.1 1231T
TS-410 / RAID 6 / 2 x 750GB + 2 x 500GB WD Black / 3.5.1 Build 1002T
SMCGS8P-Smart Switch
docgg
Starting out

Post by docgg »

In case anyone needs to know
thank you for the solution...

in my case, with the new canon iSensys 3310, it's not working...grgrgr
grebo
New here

Post by grebo »

ash32 wrote:In case anyone needs to know, I've managed to sort this out.

First, on the TS-101 add a new user (user printer password printer). Give this user full access to the Qusb area.
Then open SAfari, enter localhost:631 into the address bar.

This will take you into the CUPS printer manager.

From here add a new printer.
From the first drop down, select Windows Via Samba. Enter the address below for the printer when prompted for it.
smb://user:password@server/sharename

Where user:password was my new "printer" user, server is my NAS IP address and sharename was the printers name.

Follow the next screens through to set up the printer. Thats it. Hopefully it helps someone
CUPS asked for a username and password, is there any default one because I have not set any such information?

/Grebo
mb21
Starting out

Post by mb21 »

@grebo: at the end you will have to enter your Mac OS X admin username and password.
Hakaman
Starting out

Post by Hakaman »

I posted in the print server area but am not getting any luck with replies, so here goes:

I am trying to use my Espon (CX 9400 Fax) printer with my 409 PRO. No luck. I have followed the instructions in this post and another as well but the printer doesn't work.

In CUPS it comes up with the following error message:

"/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/Filter/rastertoescp.app/Contents/MacOS/rastertoescp failed"

I am unable to get anything printed.

I don't know what to try next. Ideas anyone?

Thanks
techdef
Getting the hang of things

Post by techdef »

Thanks for posting - anybody figure out where to get error logs if it doesnt work? I'm not getting anything in the QNAP logs & CUPS doesnt seem particulary verbose ;-)

thanks
hermie2u
New here

Post by hermie2u »

Dear Sirs,

I have been able to set up MACBook Pro to print as many test prints as I would like via the network to the EPSON EPL-6200L printer connected to a USB port on QNAP TS-219, by following the advice given in the above threads. However, test prints are no problem but all of the applications will only quit upon printing to this printer via the network. These applicaton I've tried are TExtedit, powerpoint 2004, WORD 2004.

Please help, I'm stuck. Thanks in advance.
Droopy8
New here

Post by Droopy8 »

How do I find my printer name to use in the sharename part -- smb://user:password@server/sharename ??
FreedomPirate01
Starting out

Post by FreedomPirate01 »

I've tried everything listed here in every combination and have had no luck... the printer HP P1102 is showing up on the QNAP control panel under USB printer as Qwnap119PR3 Anyone have any new info or any other ideas on how to make this work with OSX?
QNAP SS-439 PRO with (4) 7200 WD BLACK 320GB in Raid 5
ast_ph
Starting out

Post by ast_ph »

anyone here able to print via Qnap TS Pro?? I have a Epson T-10 printer, no luck!

ast
dorianz
First post

Post by dorianz »

No support drivers for that printer. Try default.
astigmatismастигматизм37s37s37s37s37s37s37s37s37s37s37s37s37s37s
Last edited by dorianz on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gutterhelmet
First post

Post by gutterhelmet »

you can try restarting your mac. i find that it helps sometimes. hope this helps!
JonathanBB
First post

Post by JonathanBB »

Thanks I have just recently purchased a powerbook pro and have a TS101 but my printer is a lexar. DO I have to follow the same procedure above to get my printer to print, Any iDeas?

Return to “Mac OS”