Installation hangs on IMac

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
rbruinsma
Starting out

Installation hangs on IMac

Post by rbruinsma »

Hello,

I have just bought an TS-209 Pro with two 750Gb Seagate hard disks. Now I want to install the TS-209 Pro with my IMAC. When I start the Quick configuration it finds my TS-209 pro in my network and the Quick configuration continue. I want to install RAID 1, it finds my two hard disks. But when the Quick configuration arrived at the point of "initialize the hard disk" the Quick configuration seems to hang. It stays there allready for almost 2 hours and there seems to be no progress at all? What could this be?
Please help!

Ronald
leagle
Starting out

Post by leagle »

I would bet that one of two things happened: either it was just taking a really long time to complete because of the size of the drives OR the Qnapfinder software crashed. 750GB hard drives take a really long time to sync. Last night, I synced two 500GB drives with no data on them and it took a few hours. There's a chance that your drives kept going with the configuration after the software stopped responding. To check their status, go to the SATA Disk page.

(this is what your page should look like if RAID 1 is set up and working correctly--except the drives will probably be different)

If you know the ip address of your Qnap device, you don't need the Qnapfinder software. Just log into the NAS via the web interface and go to the SATA Disk page. If you need to reformat your drives, you can do it from here. Also, this is one of the two places where you can see that the drives are Resyncing. The other place is in the Event Log.

I would try a reformat using the web interface and see how it goes. Also, you can take a look at your Event Log to see if it says anything useful about what is going wrong.
rbruinsma
Starting out

Post by rbruinsma »

Hello Leagle,

Thanks for your reply! The configuration is still going (for over 3 hours now) but still it seems that there is no progress in the status bar. I know the IP adres but when I go to that IP adres I get the following error page:
------------------------
Server Name: NASAC4928 System Information

The system is not configured. Please refer to the Quick Installation Guide or user manual for software configuration.

------------------------

Is this normal?

Where can I find the Event log?

Ronald
rbruinsma
Starting out

Post by rbruinsma »

I left my IMac on last night and still the QNAP isn`t installed. Anyone an idea?

Green light keeps flashing...
rbruinsma
Starting out

Post by rbruinsma »

I think I have solved my problem, one disk was a DOA! With one disk everything is working! :oops:
Ron1
Know my way around

Post by Ron1 »

Hi Ronald

Thank you very much for purchasing the QNAP NAS first.

For the initial time reference will be around 1 hour and the status bar should moving.

Sometimes we find out that if the NAS is in wrong IP address the setup will hang.

For example your local computer is 192.168.0.8 but your NAS IP address is 169.254.100.100
100% the NAS installation will hang.

Please refresh the QFinder to make sure that NAS get the correct IP address first.
Also check did you enable the DHCP funtion with your router or gateway.

This is a known issue.
Rock n roll TS-409............
leagle
Starting out

Post by leagle »

I'm glad to hear that you figured out the problem.

Return to “Mac OS”