updating prestashop

PrestaShop is a free, open source, cross-platform, and web-based(PHP5) eCommerce shopping cart application.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

updating prestashop

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

after installing presta using the qpkg in app center, follow this guide to update prestahop further after installing for the first time
http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Automatic+update

although i didn't need to manually download the plugin. it was listed under the modules > modules, so i could install it from there.

This is a youtube guide how to install prestashop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N42av3QPjrk
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
my05
Starting out

Re: updating prestashop

Post by my05 »

I was trying to update to the latest version (1.6.7) from the version in the Qnap repo (1.5.x) but it fails with an ajax-error and i'll have to rollback the backup.

Any ideas why this happends?
roosta
Getting the hang of things

Post by roosta »

my05 wrote:I was trying to update to the latest version (1.6.7) from the version in the Qnap repo (1.5.x) but it fails with an ajax-error and i'll have to rollback the backup.

Any ideas why this happends?
I wouldn't honestly expect a response. here's QPKG's made all the time for outdated ancient version of applications...yet, when you try to updatre the files manually or through 1 click upgrade (etc), this fails without warning. No one wants to help...Prestashop aren't going to be able to assist, this is clearly a QNAP issue.

RoOSTA
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

why a reply after 2 years?

all those are webserver aplications ...just install them on the webserver..no need for qpkg's
roosta
Getting the hang of things

Post by roosta »

After never having luck updating OsCommerce properly (QPKG then disappeared from AppStore, too) I'm reattempting with Prestashop...

What you can do, is upgrade properly from 1.5.X version 1.6.X with no problems. What there seems to be no valid instructions for that work, is a fresh upgrade to 1.7 (as 1.6.X doesn't detect newer versions for 1 click upgrades). Trying to download the files and unzip as per "fresh" install videos, the unzipping of the files craps its pants when you place the files onto NAS neb server...

RoOSTA

Return to “Prestashop”