BTSync 2.2?

The 3rd party BitTorrent Sync app uses the P2P (peer-to-peer) protocol to synchronize an unlimited number of files (stored on the NAS) between your devices. Your data is not stored on a server in the cloud but is protected using private keys during file transmission.
byteheaven
New here

BTSync 2.2?

Post by byteheaven »

When will be 2.2 available within the qnap apps? So I could have that installed with the UI and shown in there? Other oprion is ofc install it manually.. Just bought that one time pro version and it would be nice to have sync on NAS for pro too..
byteheaven
New here

Re: BTSync 2.2?

Post by byteheaven »

Seriously? New Firmware, still no update or even response for this? What's the point with app-center, when it is not kept up-to-date? Maybe it's just time to uninstall that, and reinstall it with binary from btsync page and abandon your app-center as useless and unnecessary resource taker (please, offer an option to unistall that from NAS...) . Have to admit, that my first impression with QNap "yeah, I will recommend this for anyone asking good NAS" starts to turn forward "Nah, let's check something with better support"...
ronnas
Starting out

Post by ronnas »

yes... not even 2.0.128 is offered, wich is the current stable arm release, qnap still sits at version 2.0.125...

Bittorrent provides a 2.2.1-BTSync-QPKG for QNAP and a 2.2.5-ARM-Release...

For my understanding, it's easier to create an own QPKG to use the BTsync-Data instead of waiting for QNAP...

My only showstopper right now: The BTSync-HTTPS-Download of the 2.2-files shows a certificate-failure ("self signed certificate by go-daddy") while the access to the stable-2.0.128 (using the same Web-Host!) uses the correct certificate...
- i won't take the risk of a mitm-attack for a filesync tool...
pcklein
New here

Post by pcklein »

I got prompted today to update to 2.2.1 so finally it's there.
Unfortunate there were no release notes, other than '- Version update by vendor'
ronnas
Starting out

Post by ronnas »

cool, thanks!!!

in the meantime i got (in the btsync forum) the info, that the download-link using "getsync.com" works fine so that we could use 2.2.5, too...

[i bookmarked "getsyncapp.com" - this URL uses the wrong server certificate]
pbrooks
Starting out

Post by pbrooks »

Unfortunately the update process appears to be broken.
I've 'updated' three times today, and each time it installs version 2.0.125, and then pops up a notification 'update is available'.
The release notes suggest it should be version 2.2.1 that is installed.
Rebooted before the update to ensure the system was fresh, and again after the update. No joy.

And it seems to have borked the install, clicking on the BTsync icon results in a webppage "can't establish a connection to the server at XX.XX.XX.XX:14859" and my other devices no longer can sync to the QNAP :x
(QNAP-412 running 4.2.0 Build 20150925)

Anyone had a successful update to 2.2.something??
todorb
New here

Post by todorb »

pbrooks wrote:Unfortunately the update process appears to be broken.
I've 'updated' three times today, and each time it installs version 2.0.125, and then pops up a notification 'update is available'.
something is messed up with the app center. go to that page https://www.qnap.com/i/en/app_center/co ... jump_win=1 and select an architecture from the "Please choose Download" combo. everything except the ARM build links to a file that has 2.2.1 in its name. the ARM one has 2.0.125.

i copied the link and changed 2.0.125 to 2.2.1, http://download.qnap.com/QPKG/BitTorren ... rm-x19.zip, and this file is available on the server. download it and use "Install Manually" on the qnap gui.

qnap has to fix this.
pcklein
New here

Post by pcklein »

Great ronnas.

I wasn't ware this was possible but now upgraded 2.2.1 with 2.2.5 as I read your comment....
tobidelbruck2
New here

Post by tobidelbruck2 »

Yes, the poster above is correct. For ARM btsync 2.2.1, you need to use the link
http://download.qnap.com/QPKG/BitTorren ... rm-x19.zip
The one in the dialog is still the old one for ARM
CylonCenturion

Post by CylonCenturion »

pbrooks wrote:Unfortunately the update process appears to be broken.
The release notes suggest it should be version 2.2.1 that is installed.
Rebooted before the update to ensure the system was fresh, and again after the update. No joy.

And it seems to have borked the install, clicking on the BTsync icon results in a webppage "can't establish a connection to the server at XX.XX.XX.XX:14859" and my other devices no longer can sync to the QNAP :x
(QNAP-412 running 4.2.0 Build 20150925)

Anyone had a successful update to 2.2.something??
same here
manually upgrade did it

Return to “BitTorrent Sync”