BTSync Qnap to Qnap

The 3rd party BitTorrent Sync app uses the P2P (peer-to-peer) protocol to synchronize an unlimited number of files (stored on the NAS) between your devices. Your data is not stored on a server in the cloud but is protected using private keys during file transmission.
weekendwarrior
Starting out

BTSync Qnap to Qnap

Post by weekendwarrior »

Anyone know how I can sync two QNAP's together using BTsync? I've added the folder on one Qnap, copied the code, put manual entry on the other qnap and it copies the folders, but they are not kept in sync.

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Iacopo
Starting out

Re: BTSync Qnap to Qnap

Post by Iacopo »

Yes you surely can of course.

I would suggest you to use the replications features of QNAP firmware instead. They are faster. Also they are integrated in the system.

In case you will use this with also other peers ( complete sync or selective sync ) yes BTsync could be a good solutions.

In this last case and in my opinion you should mind a thing:
  • In case you want to sync all between two NAS and a pc for eg it's ok;
  • In case you want to sync all between two NAS and something with a third party I suggest you to evalue two options:
    • Use selective sync ( only PRO ) with the third party. Absolutely not two syncs;
    • Use e sync between two NAS and the third party for the specific matter of your interest and a RRTR between the two NAS.
Why all this? Because BTSync is slower and much resource consumer. Also because the BTSync will not transfer all in case of rename of move of a file. It will simply rename or move it also in other peers. In case of two separate syncs it will not work and it will re-transfer all.

Return to “BitTorrent Sync”