Two Multi Media folders

The 3rd party BitTorrent Sync app uses the P2P (peer-to-peer) protocol to synchronize an unlimited number of files (stored on the NAS) between your devices. Your data is not stored on a server in the cloud but is protected using private keys during file transmission.
weekendwarrior
Starting out

Two Multi Media folders

Post by weekendwarrior »

Ok so I have made some progress. Problem it, it makes a sub folder of the same folder I'm trying to sync.

Example:

I want to sync the "Multimedia" folders on two different Qnaps. (451U's)

One on I created a sync folder in BT, and pointed it to the Multimedia folder. Copied the read/write share code.

One Qnap #2 I did the manual add and pasted the share code from #1. It asks me where to put it. If I select the same "multimedia" folder, it creates a sub folder of the same name. If I select the /share root folder, it says BTSync doesnt have permission.

Anyone know how to sync two multimedia folders using this method?

Thanks in advance
Iacopo
Starting out

Re: Two Multi Media folders

Post by Iacopo »

Once you are prompt where to put it just select the folder that contains the Multimedia folder. It will say that the destination is not empty. Press ok and at this point it will sync the two folders. You will not lose data do not worry. It will sync both-ways the files.

Return to “BitTorrent Sync”