BitTorrent Sync not compatible with QNAP FW 4.3

The 3rd party BitTorrent Sync app uses the P2P (peer-to-peer) protocol to synchronize an unlimited number of files (stored on the NAS) between your devices. Your data is not stored on a server in the cloud but is protected using private keys during file transmission.
Afrosheen
Getting the hang of things

BitTorrent Sync not compatible with QNAP FW 4.3

Post by Afrosheen »

I upgraded to the beta of QNAP's firmware and discovered that BitTorrent Sync is not compatible with the upcoming release. Could someone please look into this and provide an upgrade please?
Afrosheen
Getting the hang of things

Re: BitTorrent Sync not compatible with QNAP FW 4.3

Post by Afrosheen »

Thanks Philippe, agree with everything you said. I don't use bitsync for anything but trivial stuff, i.e. Photos, school sic, etc. Just wanted to provide info that it's incompatible and if possible to have an upgrade made available. Thanks!
gkq
Starting out

Post by gkq »

I got a 64 bit version here: https://download-cdn.getsync.com/2.4.2/ ... 86_64.qpkg
It works fine for me.
TWhidden
Starting out

Post by TWhidden »

FYI, [for those googling and run across this] you can do it the above way with the qpkg file, but you can also update it from the app store.. .just search for "Resilio Sync"

Don't uninstall your old version
Install new version, it copies the config from the old
make sure new version is working
uninstall old.

Thanks for the link above, I originally did it that way. Both my qnaps worked without a problem.
martinbest
Starting out

Post by martinbest »

Thank you, gkq, for the link. Thank you, Afrosheen, for the post. I too ran into this same problem after upgrading my TS-653A to 4.3.3.0210 firmware. I rely on BTSync heavily and have already migrated to ResilioSync on numerous workstations. Now my 653 server is running ResilioSync too. Both of your posts saved me a great deal of time.

Martin Best

Return to “BitTorrent Sync”