[QPKG] BitTorrent Sync now is avaiable

The 3rd party BitTorrent Sync app uses the P2P (peer-to-peer) protocol to synchronize an unlimited number of files (stored on the NAS) between your devices. Your data is not stored on a server in the cloud but is protected using private keys during file transmission.
Joebar
Getting the hang of things

Re: [QPKG] BitTorrent Sync now is avaiable

Post by Joebar »

TS870 Ultra with Firmware 4.1.1 2014/09/27
The Version 1.4.76 is working only for a view minutes after the BitTorrent Sync is crashing always.
solive
New here

Post by solive »

The new version doesnt even start syncing with an Android device :( the previous version had issues syncing changes back to QNAP.
Nice concept, but hopfully they get the main issues resolved soon..
MacQwigg
Starting out

Post by MacQwigg »

I'm having problems with the new version too. Everything is working fine the first minutes, then BitTorrent Sync crashes... I'm using the latest Firmware 4.1.1. 2014/10/03.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

You'd better report issues directly to QNAP, otherwise chances of getting them fixed are rather slim... :arrow: http://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
jblankfort
New here

Post by jblankfort »

Just updated to 1.4.76. The web interface is not working, completely but bittorrent sync appears to be working fine. The GUI will not display the folders synced or the pop up the preferences window.

This happened after the following:
Updated QTS to 4.1.1 and rebooted
Then updated bitorrent sync to 1.4.76 using the app center.

I created a support ticket on it yesterday and am awaiting the response. Since it's working, I have not tried uninstall and reinstall or anything else...

Anyone else having the same issue?
neiljcollins
New here

Post by neiljcollins »

I have exactly the same problem. I have just upgraded to 4.1.1 Build 1003 and have Bittorrent Sync 1.4.76. I even restarted the MyDDNS / Cloudportal and rebooted the NAS but still the Sync doesn't work and wont even open the GUI.
neiljcollins
New here

Post by neiljcollins »

I raised the issue with QNAP who told me to remove the App, restart the NAS and then manually reinstall. It worked to begin with but when I logged out of the NAS and logged in again later I had the same problem, I couldn't reconnect to the GUI for the Bittorrent Sync app. This is getting very frustrating. Does anyone know where I can download old versions of BTSync?
succube
New here

Post by succube »

+1
Same problem here.
After upgrading to v1.4.76 - BitTorrent Sync seems to be working fine. From my other devices' Peer list, I can see my Qnap connected and replicates the files.
But from the Qnap interface the folder list is empty. 'Preferences' button does not work.
Tried re-installation.
Tried turn off/on.
Reboot... no luck
ckahn
Know my way around

Post by ckahn »

Also on 1.4.76 with webpage unavailable so uninstalled and reinstalled which meant all my sync folders were missing from the app so I entered one of them back and it isn't syncing. How do I remove and re-add the folder? I tried right-clicking the folder name but no sub-menu appears with a "delete this folder" option. So confused...

update: figured out how to remove the folder using the drop down menu that only appears when you hover over the far right edge of the page.
Last edited by ckahn on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model name TS-219P II
Total memory 503 MB
Firmware version 4.3.3.0570 Build 20180528
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

Let me repeat: Report issues to QNAP. The version they packaged is obviously badly buggy, plus already outdated at the time of being provided.
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
ckahn
Know my way around

Post by ckahn »

doktornotor wrote:Let me repeat: Report issues to QNAP. The version they packaged is obviously badly buggy, plus already outdated at the time of being provided.
Here's their reply:
This is a 3rd Party App so we don't really provide support, the only support we do provide for these apps is making sure they install correctly and launch, anything further then that you will need to contact the app developers.

Lets schedule a remote session so i can confirm why it will not load the web page.
I am available weekdays from 8am-5pm PST, what time and date works best for you?
Model name TS-219P II
Total memory 503 MB
Firmware version 4.3.3.0570 Build 20180528
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

Yeah, it installs, ship it! Wonderful strategy. Certainly the way to go. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shaav
Starting out

Post by Shaav »

FYI I was able to just download and replace the binary /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/BitTorrentSync/btsync with a newer release from bittorrent.com (1.4.91). This fixed the crashing problem that I was experiencing anyway.
FalconHG
New here

Post by FalconHG »

The blank GUI issue seems to be related to upgrading a 1.3 installation to a 1.4 one. In my case (TS-112) I got the new GUI working by:

NOTE: this will probably screw up any interactions between BitTorrentSync and the QNAP admin interface
NOTE2: I had previously done a manual installation, so file names may differ

1) do a blank install in a different folder under /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg (my 1.3 installation was in .qpkg/BitTorrentSync, so I created the new install in .qpkg/btsync/) according to http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Install_BitTo ... c_manually
2) create a blank installation file using the --dump-sample-config switch
3) change the relevant config items in the new config file (ports, uPnP etc.) according to your old config file
4) copy the bash script for starting btsync from your old installation folder
5) adapt /etc/config/qpkg.conf to your new btsync install directory
6) copy all folders and files BUT webui.zip from your old .sync folder to the new one
7) Restart your QNAP.

It will probably also work if you manage to just delete the webui.zip in your old .sync folder and leave everything as it is. I just could not manage to delete it and the reinstall was quicker in the end.
k-smirnov
Starting out

Post by k-smirnov »

Does anybody know how can I disable random port?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
TS-809Pro
8x WD20EFRX 2Tb in RAID6
TS-509Pro [E6300 CPU & 3Gb RAM]
5x SAMSUNG EcoGreen F3 HD153WI 1.5TB in RAID5.

Return to “BitTorrent Sync”