TS-251 No services available

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
visiter555
Starting out

TS-251 No services available

Post by visiter555 »

Version 4.2.1 build 20160601

I can access via myqnapcloud, I can access folders and files, but I get a no services available error. I have a TS-451 setup at v the same time through the same router and that one allows access to the services. The user is Admin on both boxes.

I require the access to do remote updates and upgrades.

What did I miss?

Thanks
TS-451U
4 x WD Red 4.0 WD40EFRX TB drives in Raid 5 configuration

TS-251U
2 x WD Red 4.0 WD40EFRX TB drives in Raid 1
schumaku
Guru

Re: TS-251 No services available

Post by schumaku »

visiter555 wrote:I can access via myqnapcloud, I can access folders and files, but I get a no services available error. I have a TS-451 setup at v the same time through the same router and that one allows access to the services. The user is Admin on both boxes.
Somewhat a vague description as myQNAPcloud are several services, from DDNS, www.myqnapcloud.com portal access, CloudLink access, ...

As both NAS are behind the same router, which is again on a typical consumer or end-user Internet connection, please note that the same port (ie. 443/TCP [https to QTS], 8080/TCP [http to QTS - depreciated], 80/TCP and 8081/TCP [NAS Web Server Service] can be NATed or port forwarded only one, to a single LAN IP address.

You might consider using changing the default port numbers in the NAS Genral settings to ports not used.
visiter555
Starting out

Re: TS-251 No services available

Post by visiter555 »

The bottom line is that I cannot access the administrative tools on the TS-251.

They are at two different locations, behind identical routers with the only difference being the router WAN ports are different as they are DHCP assigned by the ISP.

Both allow 100% access to files as their UserIDs allow or restrict as the case may be, but the TS-451 allows full access to the administrative console while offsite.

The two TS-X51s are same firmware and as the routers, are identically setup with the user accounts being different and the admin and backup admin accounts the same name and convoluted passwords. They have the current firmware and apps are up to date and again are identical as to what is on and what is installed...as far as I and my two assistants have independently confirmed.
TS-451U
4 x WD Red 4.0 WD40EFRX TB drives in Raid 5 configuration

TS-251U
2 x WD Red 4.0 WD40EFRX TB drives in Raid 1

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”