Can't generate SmartShare link

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
kam-ik
New here

Can't generate SmartShare link

Post by kam-ik »

It's my first post, so I would like to say hallo to the community!

I just bought TS-230 for simple home/family usage and have some problem with share function included in QTS File Station. When I use share > "generate share link only" and choose SmartShare from the dropdown menu (which BTW takes ages to load) the system is getting stuck in "Processing" overlay. I need to refresh browser to get rid of it. Do you know what is going on? I didn't manage to find any similar issues.

My myQNAPcloud settings are, for the sake of tests, as follows: public access and web + file station published. I don't know if it's important. myQNAPcloud Link is turned on. Everything works fine from myQNAPcloud website, so I presume that this is QTS related issue.

Cheers!
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Can't generate SmartShare link

Post by dolbyman »

Please do not expose your NAS to the web

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=161199&p=789424#p789424
kam-ik
New here

Post by kam-ik »

dolbyman wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:04 am Please do not expose your NAS to the web

viewtopic.php?f=185&t=161199&p=789424#p789424
Thanks for the tip and context, I didn't knew about that!

So, is this is a global problem related to this situation? Everyone can't generate SmartShare from QTS?
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Any exposed part of your NAS can be attacked (file station,video station,music station,share links,etc).. do not expose your NAS (disable upnp on your router and remove manual port forwards)

If you want to share files use dropbox/onedrive/etc
kam-ik
New here

Post by kam-ik »

To be honest, I definitely would use Dropbox as I use it on daily basis - at this point I just want to diagnose what's happening with my NAS.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

I understand you want to know whats going on .. but trust me on this, you don;t want to end with all your files encrypted and held for ransom

Just forget about myQnapcloud access and file sharing.. if you really want to access your files from WAN use a VPN (no, that does not cost money)

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”